Course Information & Application
Download application pack for Cohort 23, please use these forms only and return directly to PDAPLsubmit@westlearn.org.uk.
Important Information for Sponsoring agencies and applicants
Applicants and sponsoring agencies are advised that delivery of this cohort is dependent upon continued funding being agreed. We hope that a final decision on funding will be confirmed in early 2024. Regrettably whilst inviting applications we are unable to guarantee places until funding is confirmed. We will communicate with applicants and sponsoring agencies at the earliest opportunity.
Agencies are asked to confirm the following information at the point of application (to be detailed in the agency reference):
- make sure that the candidate is employed as a social worker or social service worker and is currently eligible for registration in terms of the Council’s Registration Rules at the point of registration on the course.
- Support for the applicant to undertake the award and attend all taught days
- Agree to offer of a placement for a social work student commencing January/ February 2024
- Identify a suitable assessor at the point of application (details must be included in the agency reference). Agencies are responsible for providing or meeting the costs for an assessor. If you would like more details about requirements for the assessors role please contact Cath Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Agree appropriate workload relief and study time as detailed in the agency reference.
- Ensure applicants have access to a laptop (or similar device) and permission to access a virtual classroom (virtual taught days are delivered using Microsoft Teams).
Applications from Learning Network West partnership agencies will be prioritised, regrettably we are only able to consider applications from out with the partnership where capacity allows.
Capacity for Cohort 23 may be limited. Where we receive more applications than can reasonably be accommodated we may need to ask some applicants to defer to Cohort 24 (AUTUMN 2024).
We hope to deliver Cohort 23 using a blended approach, with a mix of face to face and virtual teaching (details of which will be confirmed and communicated to successful applicants in advance of the course starting). All virtual teaching will be hosted on Microsoft Teams, applicants and sponsoring agencies are responsible for ensuring they have a suitable device and permission to access this platform.
We plan for successful applicants commencing with cohort 23 to be matched with social work students starting placement in autumn 2024. Every effort will be made to match applicants with a student to these timescales. Where a suitable placement can’t be identified an applicant may be matched with a student out with these timescales.
- Applications for C23 will be invited from: Monday 16th October 2023
- Information session: Thursday 23rd November 2023 - 9.30am to 11am on MS Teams. (Please email email@example.com for the link)
- Closing date for applications: Monday 22nd January 2024
- Applicants informed of decision: week ending 9th February 2024
As part of the selection process applicants may be requested to provide supplementary work. Where supplementary work is requested applicants will be offered a conditional place subject to the satisfactory submission of this work. Applicants will typically have one week to provide supplementary work following selection and will receive a final decision on the application week ending Friday 23rd February 2024
- PDAPL Induction: Thursday 7th March 2024 - 9.30am to 1pmT
- PDAPL Day 1 Wednesday 20th March 2024– 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 2 Thursday 21st March 2024 – 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 3 Wednesday 24 April 2024 – 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 4 Thursday 25th April 2024 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 5 Wednesday 29th May 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 6 Thursday 30th May 2024 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 7: Wednesday 18th September 2024 9am – 5pm
- PDAPL Day 8: Wednesday 4th December 2024 9am – 5pm
Please note that Practice Educators (in training) MUST attend all taught days and in a position to commit to advertised dates at the point of application. Practice Educators (in training) are assessed during the programme and their participation on taught days contributes to this assessment. Practice Educators (in training) will have to attend any missed days which will result in a delay to completing the award.
- Course Fees: £650.00
- SQA Fees: £104.00