Course Information & Application
Downloads application pack:
We are delighted to confirm arrangements for Cohort 20 of the PDAPL and would like to invite applications (details below).
Important information for sponsoring agencies and applicants
Agencies are asked to confirm the following information at the point of application (to be detailed in the agency reference):
- Support for the applicant to undertake the award and attend all taught days
- Agree to offer of a placement for a social work student commencing January/ February 2023
- Identify a suitable assessor at the point of application (details must be included in the agency reference). Agencies are responsible for providing or meeting the costs for an assessor. If you would like more details about requirements for the assessors role please contact the course co-ordinator Darren.email@example.com for details.
- Agree appropriate workload relief and study time as detailed in the agency reference.
- Ensure applicants have access to a laptop (or similar device) and permission to access a virtual classroom (virtual taught days are delivered using Microsoft Teams).
Applications from Learning Network West partnership agencies will be prioritised, regrettably we are only able to consider applications from out with the partnership where capacity allows.
Capacity for Cohort 20 may be limited. Where we receive more applications than can reasonably be accommodated we may need to ask some applicants to defer to Cohort 21 (spring 2023).
We hope to deliver Cohort 20 using a blended approach, with a mix of face to face and virtual teaching (details of which will be confirmed and communicated to successful applicants in advance of the course starting). Face to face teaching will be dependent on government advice and any social distancing measure at the time. All virtual teaching will be hosted on Microsoft Teams, applicants and sponsoring agencies are responsible for ensuring they have a suitable device and permission to access this platform.
We plan for successful applicants commencing with cohort 20 to be matched with social work students starting placement in January/ February 2023. Every effort will be made to match applicants with a student to these timescales, however as a result of the coronavirus pandemic changes may occur. Where a suitable placement can’t be identified an applicant may be matched with a student outwith these timescales.
Applications invited: From Monday 4th April 2022
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 27th June 2022. Regrettably we are not able to consider late applications.
Applicants informed of decision: week ending 15th July 2022*
*Please note: As part of the selection process applicants may be requested to provide supplementary work. Where supplementary work is requested applicants will be offered a conditional place subject to the satisfactory submission of this work. Applicants will typically have two weeks to provide supplementary work following selection and will receive a final decision on the application Friday 29th July 2022.
Cohort 20 Taught Dates
- Induction: Thursday 11th August 2022 10am – 1pm
- Days 1 and 2: Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th August
- Days 3 and 4: Tuesday 4th and Wednesday 5th October
- Days 5 and 6: Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd November
- Day 7: Wednesday 8th February 2023
- Day 8: Wednesday 12th April 2023
All dates 9.30am – 4pm unless stated
Please note that learners are expected to attend all taught days and should be in a position to comitt to advertised dates at the point of application. Learners are assessed during the programme and their participation on taught days contributes to this assessment. Learners will be expected to attend any missed days which may result in a delay to completing the award.