Learning Network West
Interactive Conference encompassing AGM, Wednesday 26th June, City Halls Glasgow. Click here to download flyer and
The purpose of this short piece of research on statutory practice teaching in the west of Scotland was to:
- understand current practice in relation to practice teaching and learning in the thirteen local authorities within our partnership
- identify key enablers and barriers in the development and effectiveness of practice teaching in the west of Scotland
- distinguish and profile good models of practice teaching and learning.
Our board and strategy group are currently outlining how best to capitalise on the information/evidence contained in this research, to whom it should be targeted and what potential further exploration is required into the wider strategic development of practice learning.
Our thanks to 3rd Horizons Ltd who facilitated the research.
Hard copies are available from Learning Network West upon request.
Learning Network West supports the learning and development of the social services workforce across the West of Scotland.
Click on the tab "about us" to learn more about our core aims, vision and purpose.
We have been funded to support practice learning initiatives by 13 Local Authorities and 5 Higher Education Institutes. This will enable our partnerships, to bring together stakeholders to share knowledge and experience, and to facilitate sharing of resources across the social services sector.
We would wish to continue to act as a catalyst for change, in order to meet the on-going learning and development needs of the sector.
The Learning Network West works with stakeholders in:
- Argyll & Bute
- Dumfries & Galloway
- East Renfrewshire
- East and West Dunbartonshire
- North, South, East Ayrshire
- North and South Lanarkshire
Our stakeholders include national and local government, NHS Health, education and training providers, the voluntary and private sectors. Together we will work to enhance the services our service users and carers need.