The work of Learning Network West includes:
- Providing a range of opportunities to the workforce to be informed of current strategic priorities and practices in social care and delivery.
- Providing opportunities to the workforce to engage in dialogue that informs and changes practice delivery which enables better outcomes for service users and carers.
- Sourcing new and innovative placement settings and locations for students studying social work.
- Facilitating and organising students placements into appropriate settings, based on set criteria from Universities.
- Ensuring there is linked support to those students where appropriate with identified matched Independent Practice Teachers.
- Providing the recognised SQA qualification (PDAPL) to current qualified social work staff to enable them to become Practice Teachers.
- Co-ordinating the delivery of mental health training to social work staff in west Scotland.
- Support course development
- Monitoring and evaluating the training and for on-going feedback to Local Authorities and HEI's
- Providing on-going support to practice assessors.