Link Worker Workshops
Full Day Workshop
Learning Network West have introduced a new programme of online link worker workshops for the rest of 2020. These workshops have been adapted to reflect the guidance from the national Social Work Education Partnerships in relation to the resumption of placements.
Learning objectives include:
- To understand the impact of Covid-19 within practice learning within 6 key areas: learning environment, supervision, student support, health and safety, assessment and direct observations.
- To consider the learner’s motivation to be a link worker.
- To recognise how adults learn.
- To understand the key components of emotional intelligence and why it is important in practice.
- To understand the social work role.
- To establish the roles/responsibilities of the learning team.
- To be able to create an effective online and office based learning environment.
- To understand the new ways of assessment, including completing a direct observation.
A online resource pack will be provided with links to further resources, relevant practice examples and learners will be asked to a short home exercise on completing a direct observation. The current online platform is via zoom and will be as interactive as possible with frequent breaks. The cost is £15 per person and agencies will be invoiced directly.
Please see below for following full day link worker workshops. There will be 2 hour briefings available on request on the new learning environments within placements for existing link workers.
Link worker workshops:
Wednesday 30th September 2020 10am-3pm
Wednesday 28th October 2020 10am-3pm
Wednesday 25th November 2020 10am-3pm
Wednesday 16th December 2020 10am-3pm