AGM 19th June 2018 City Halls Candleriggs
Thank you to everyone who attended our recent AGM as promised see below:
- Presentations of the day
- Billy Fisher Chair of Learning Network West
- Brian Smith SSSC/Diane White Scottish Government
- Alistair Brown - SASW
- Rob Westwood - NES/NHS/SSKS
- Annelies Allcock - IRISS
- Jessica Proctor/Don Sinclair - Independent Practice Teachers
- Sue Downie - North Ayrshire Council
- Jennifer Mckinlay - The MachanTrust
- Claire Haw -South Ayrshire Council
- Yvonne Baillie/Scott Derrick - Cordia
- Joan Dreghorn - North United Communities
- Group Discussions on Snapshot Questions
- Comments of the day
ScOPTbox Practice Learning LibraryWhat is ScOPTbox?
Assessed Learning Practice Information Pack
Learning Network West has produced an Assessed Learning Practice Information Pack. The purpose of this information pack is to provide you with an insight into the placing of social work student in a voluntary or private organisation (agency). It includes the benefits of taking on a social work student, the expectations that must be met, those involved within the student placement experience, and how the practice learning opportunities will proceed. Click here to download pack.
Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness
Autism Spectrum Disorder Awareness Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a life-long condition which cannot be cured but it is not a mental illness.
ASD is categorised by difficulties with:
- Social interaction
- Social communication
- Social imagination and understanding
The Autism Resource Centre (ARC) which is run by Glasgow City Council provides Autism awareness training opportunities for Glasgow City Council staff, other agencies, parents, carers and stakeholders.
The ARC has developed and produced an innovative learning experience which provides Autism awareness as seen through the eyes of a young person with Aspergers Syndrome called Aspen.
Aspergers is a condition linked to ASD. The Team at the ARC want to encourage learners to make their acquaintance with Aspen. This course gives the information and knowledge to help you understand the strengths, differences and difficulties of those on the Autism Spectrum. This is an excellent and fun learning opportunity.
Click here to access.