Course Information & Application
Unit Descriptors for the PDAPL
Click on links to access:
From Cohort 8 onwards:
The Units of the Award are:
- Unit 1 - Support Learning in a Social Services Practice Context
- Unit 2 - Evidence Based Practice in Social Services
- Unit 3 - Create an Environment for Learning
- Unit 4 - Establish Effective Working Relationships
- Unit 5 - Supervise and Faciltate Learning
- Unit 6 - Assessment of Learners
- Unit 7 - Leadership for Learning
- Portfolio from Cohort 8A and 8B onwards will be issued incrementally as learners work their way through the course
- Requred Study Time PDAPL
- Protocol on Candidate Progress(This document is a useful document for Candidates undertaking the course and their Assessors)
I hope you are well. The Learning Network West are delighted to confirm arrangements for Cohort 16 of the PDAPL and would like to invite applications (details below).
Important information for sponsoring agencies – agencies are asked to confirm the following information at the point of application (detailed in the agency reference):
· Support for the applicant to undertake the award (in accordance with internal processes).
· Agree an offer of placement for a social work student.
· Identify (name) a suitable assessor at the point of application or nominate a suitably qualified person (experienced qualified practice teacher with experience of supervising a minimum of three students) to undertake assessor training.
· Agree appropriate workload relief and study time as detailed in the course handbook and agency reference.
Applications invited:Monday 23rd March 2020
Closing date for applications:Midday on Monday 29th June 2020
Applicants informed of decision:week ending 10th July 2020*
*Please note: As part of the selection process applicants may be requested to provide supplementary work. Where supplementary work is requested applicants will be offered a conditional place subject to the satisfactory submission of this work. Applicants will typically have two weeks to provide supplementary work following selection and will be notified of a final decision on Friday 24th July 2020.
- Induction: Wednesday 12th August 2020 (10am – 1pm)
- Day 1 and 2: Wednesday 26th and 27th August 2020 potentially again on Monday 24th and Tuesday 25th August depending upon demand.
- Day 3 and 4: Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th October 2020 potentially again on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th October depending upon demand.
- Day 5 and 6: Wednesday 4th and Thursday 5th November 2020 cohorts combine for remainder of programme
- Day 7: Wednesday 10th February 2021
- Day 8: Wednesday 14th April 2021
All dates 9.30am – 4pm unless stated
Please note that learners are expected to attend all taught days and should be in a position to comitt to advertised dates at the point of application. Learners are assessed throughout the programme and their participation on taught days contributes to this assessment. Learners will be expected to attend any missed days which may result in a delay to completing the award.
- << Prev