Course Information & Application
New Course Dates PDA in Practice Learning (PDAPL) SS:
This course consists of eight taught days with half day extra Information Day.
All parts of the below application process should be completed:
Learning Network West is funded by 13 local authority partners in the West of Scotland to deliver the Practice Learning Qualification (PDAPL). Though principally funded to deliver the PDAPL for our funding partners Learning Network West recognises the wealth of learning opportunities which other authorities and the third sector(non-partner agencies) contribute to practice learning and wish to continue to support the development of practice teachers within these organisations. Nonetheless recent interest in the award has led to a pressure on places and the need to prioritise spaces for our funders. Consequently Learning Network West has taken the decision to reserve two spaces on each cohort for non-partner agencies thus ensuring continued opportunity for practitioners within these agencies to access the award. Where Learning Network West receive more than two applications from non-funding agencies places will be allocated on a competitive basis, i.e. the two strongest applications offered spaces. Other places may be offered as and when capacity allows.
Important information for sponsoring agencies – agencies are asked to confirm the following information at the point of application (detailed in the agency reference):
- Support for the applicant to undertake the award (in accordance with internal processes).
- Agree an offer of placement for a social work student.
- Identify (name) a suitable assessor at the point of application.
- Agree appropriate workload relief and study time as detailed in the course handbook.
Applications invited: Monday 17th September 2018
PDAPL information session for prospective applicants: Thursday 6th December 2018 10am - 12 noon,
Venue: 117 Brook Street, Glasgow G40 8AP.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th January 2019
Applicants informed of decision: week ending Friday 15th February 2019*
*Please note: As part of the selection process applicants may be requested to provide supplementary work. Where supplementary work is requested applicants will be offered a conditional place subject to the satisfactory submission of this work. Applicants will typically have two weeks to provide supplementary work following selection and will be notified on Friday 1st March 2019.
Induction: Tuesday 5th March 2019 (10am – 1pm)
- Day 1 and 2: Wednesday 20th and 21st March 2019
- Day 3 and 4: Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd May 2019
- Day 5 and 6: Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th June2019
- Day 7: Wednesday 25thSeptember 2019
- Day 8: Wednesday 11th December 2019
All dates 9.30am – 4pm unless otherwise stated. All dates will be held in GCIL offices, 117 Brook Street, Bridgeton, G40 3AP
Please note that learners are expected to attend all taught days and should be in a position to comitt to advertised dates at the point of application. Learners are assessed during the programme and their participation on taught days contributes to this assessment. Learners will be expected to attend any missed days which may result in a delay to completing the award.
Cohort 12 (Taught Days)
Induction: Monday 13th August 2018 (10am – 1pm)
- Day 1 and 2: Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th August 2018 (potentially again on Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th depending upon demand).
- Day 3 and 4: Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th October 2018 (potentially again on Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th depending upon demand).
- Day 5 and 6: Wednesday 7th and Thursday 8th November 2018 (cohorts combine for remainder of programme)
- Day 7: Wednesday 13th February 2019
- Day 8: Wednesday 17th April 2019
All dates 9.30am – 4pm unless otherwise stated
Please note that learners are expected to attend all taught days and should be in a position to comitt to advertised dates at the point of application. Learners are assessed throughout the programme and their participation on taught days contributes to this assessment. Learners will be expected to attend any missed days which may result in a delay to completing the award.
Updated Course Fees/Costs
Organisations within the partnership:
- Course Fee: £350
- SQA Fee: £104
Organisations outwith the partnership:
- Course Fee: £600
- SQA Fee: £104
- Next >>